All areas of the city are easily accessible by public bus as the main terminal is only 2 blocks away. There are so many things to do around El Paso. You can take a day trip to the great mystery of Carlsbad Caverns or check out White Sands for a fun filled day in the sun. Or if you want real authentic Mexican food, El Paso boasts many nationally rated Mexican cafes and restaurants.
About El Paso
El Paso-Juarez is one of the oldest communities in the USA as the 1st Europeans visited the area in 1581. As a historical note the 1st Thanksgiving in the USA was celebrated here in El Paso in 1598 about 20 years prior to the pilgrims celebration in Massachusetts. The area has long been teeming with pre-Columbian natives for centuries. The Aztecs in Mexico City traded with the natives living in and around El Paso. Throughout its history El Paso has been the home to Cowboys, Indians, Conquistadors, Army Generals, Revolutionaries, and a host of others.
However, today do not expect to visit an old west cow-town with dirt streets and gunfighters on the prowl. El Paso is a modern city that offers a vast multitude of activities and sites that appeals to all ages and tastes. Some of the activities you can enjoy are:
- Hiking the Franklin Mountains that are right in the city, or for those less athletic, you can simply ride up the Aerial Tramway to see some of the most exhilarating vistas.
- Explore the Magoffin Home State Park which a true view of an authentic Spanish Hacienda.
- The best rock climbing in North America is located at Hueco Tanks State Park.
- Discover one of the undiscovered jewels in the USA by visiting the El Paso Museum of Art.
- Stroll across the Rio Grande River to downtown Juarez, Mexico and enjoy some authentic Mexican food and an iced cold beer while Mariachis serenade you.
- Explore the Tigua Indian Reservation.
- Sand Surf the Dunes at White Sands.
- Make friends with a bat when you explore Carlsbad Caverns.
Visit the many museums of El Paso and Juarez and get a unique view of this wonderful and amazing area.
We are located center-city which puts you in close proximity to dining, clubs, and events. The trouble in Juarez, Mexico has greatly subsided and it is returning as a tourist destination. We are located only about one mile from downtown Juarez where there is a plethora of clubs, cafes and shops.