If you’re looking for history in El Paso, look no further! The Gardner Hotel is a historic hotel you can not only visit, but also see a piece of history.
Some history facts about the Gardner Hotel:
- The Gardner Hotel is the 2nd oldest hotel in El Paso.
- The Gardner Hotel is the oldest continually operating hotel in El Paso.
- The oldest phone booth in the city is located in the Gardner Hotel’s lobby.
- There is an old telephone switchboard as well.
- Inside the hotel, there is a case that contains old clocks, typewriters, radios, telephones, and even a wanted poster for John Dillinger.
- John Dillinger stayed at the Gardner Hotel back in January 1934 before he was captured in Tucson, Arizona.
- The total cost of building the Gardner Hotel was about $130,000
- 10 of the 50 rooms in the Gardner Hotel are dedicated to the International Hostel.
There is a lot of history to see in El Paso, why not stay in a historic hotel by visiting the Gardner Hotel?
Call the Gardner Hotel at (915) 532-3661 to make a reservation.